Soy Wax Candles
1) Soy Wax - Looking for the best candles to burn? Start by paying attention to what type of wax the candle is made of. Soy wax is a biodegradable, plant-based wax made from soybeans, making for an eco-friendly candle.
While paraffin candles like Yankee candles are still popular candles, paraffin wax is a petroleum byproduct that creates petri-carbon soot when burned. Soy wax is a much cleaner-burning alternative...and it lasts up to 50% longer too...paraffin-free!
Read more about the benefits of soy wax candles in our post, Are Soy Candles Better?
2) Cotton Wick - The wick is also an important factor when considering best candles brands. We choose cotton wicks that are lead-free and zinc-free because they create a clean & consistent burn.
The best soy candles need a good wick: the right wick helps a candle burn properly without tunneling, so that no wax is wasted and your candle burns for many, many hours.
3) Fragrance Oils - High-quality fragrance oils are an important component to our high-performing scented candles. The fragrance oils we use are all phthalate-free and body-safe, meaning that in the right concentration (a much lower concentration than we use in our candles!), they could be used in bath & body products (e.g. soap).
The safety standard for body products is one that we feel good about because it is even stricter than for scented products like soy wax candles.
Fragrance oils are infused with natural essential oils to create true-to-life fragrances that smell like the real deal! For more info on the difference between fragrance oils and essential oils in a candle, check out our post, Fragrance Oils vs. Essential Oils: What's the Difference and What's Safe?
4) Glass Jar - Our signature glass jar candle is a great container to reuse for storage or upcycled crafts. Store small office items like rubber bands or binder clips, or plant a succulent and watch it grow.
Better yet - if you're local to San Jose, let us refill the jar for you at a $1 discount per jar! Email us for details ;)
5) Love & Pride - Maybe it's cheesy to say, but our candles are hand-poured with love and we are proud of the quality product we're creating for you and your loved ones. Not all soy candle brands can say this, and we are proud to be able to.
We think that part of what makes the best soy candles are the ones that are always made with you, the customer, in mind. From our smallest soy candles to our large soy candles, they are all wicked, poured, and labeled one by one. For you.
Thank you for your support of our small business. If you are new to Scented Designs, we are a small, woman-owned business in San Jose, California, and we appreciate each and every purchase, like, and share. You can find us on Facebook and Instagram.
Give our scented candles a try for 15% OFF with code LOVE only at www.scenteddesigns.com